Process – Energy – Environmental Systems Engineering (PEESE)
- Life cycle energy, environmental, and economic systems analysis and optimization
- Sustainable design and synthesis of chemical processes and energy systems
- Sustainable planning, scheduling and control of manufacturing systems
- Process modeling, design, integration and optimization
- Supply chain and inventory optimization
Mathematical Modeling, Computational Optimization, and Analytics
- Large-scale mixed-integer optimization theory and algorithms
- Agent-based modeling and complex adaptive systems
- Uncertainty quantification and risk management
- Systems analysis, design and integration
- Data-driven modeling and analysis
PEESE Review/Perspective Articles:
- Gao, J., & You, F.* (2017). Design and Optimization of Shale Gas Energy Systems: Overview, Research Challenges, and Future Directions. Computers & Chemical Engineering, DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2017.01.032
- Garcia, D.J., & You, F.* (2016). The Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Process Systems Engineering: A New Focus. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 91, 49–67.
- Gong, J., & You, F.* (2015). Sustainable Design and Synthesis of Energy Systems. Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, 10, 77-86.
- Chu, Y., & You, F.* (2015). Model-based integration of control and operations: Overview, challenges, advances, and opportunities. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 83, 2-20.
- Garcia, D.J., & You, F.* (2015). Supply Chain Design and Optimization: Challenges and Opportunities. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 81, 153-170.
- Yue, D., You, F.*, & Snyder, S.W. (2014). Biomass-to-Bioenergy and Biofuel Supply Chain Optimization: Overview, Key Issues and Challenges. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 66, 36-56.