Computational Modeling, Math Programming, & Artificial Intelligence
- Large-scale mixed-integer linear and nonlinear programming
- Deterministic global optimization theory and algorithms
- Optimization under uncertainty and risk management
- Complex adaptive systems and multi-agent systems
- Statistical machine learning and big data analytics
- Data-driven decision-making and optimization
Process, Energy and Environmental Systems Engineering (PEESE)
- Life cycle energy, environmental, and economic systems analysis
- Sustainable design of chemical processes and energy systems
- Planning, scheduling and control for smart manufacturing
- Industrial big data analytics and Internet of things
- Smart agriculture, smart water and smart energy
- Supply chain optimization and smart logistics
PEESE Review/Perspective Articles:
- Gao, J., & You, F.* (2017). Design and Optimization of Shale Gas Energy Systems: Overview, Research Challenges, and Future Directions. Computers & Chemical Engineering, DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2017.01.032
- Garcia, D.J., & You, F.* (2016). The Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Process Systems Engineering: A New Focus. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 91, 49–67.
- Gong, J., & You, F.* (2015). Sustainable Design and Synthesis of Energy Systems. Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, 10, 77-86.
- Chu, Y., & You, F.* (2015). Model-based integration of control and operations: Overview, challenges, advances, and opportunities. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 83, 2-20.
- Garcia, D.J., & You, F.* (2015). Supply Chain Design and Optimization: Challenges and Opportunities. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 81, 153-170.
- Yue, D., You, F.*, & Snyder, S.W. (2014). Biomass-to-Bioenergy and Biofuel Supply Chain Optimization: Overview, Key Issues and Challenges. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 66, 36-56.